Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Sun Microsystems 2007 CSR Report
October 8, 2007 - Sun Microsystems, Inc. released its second annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, incorporating the company's responsibility practices and performance results for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007. As with the company's annual report, Sun's CSR report is delivered on the web via www.reportalert.info
Highlights from Sun's 2007 Corporate Social Responsibility report include:
Visit www.CorporateRegister.com to access 15,100 CSR reports.
- Sun's eco responsible servers, storage and software use less energy while providing the same (or better) performance as standard datacenter offerings.
- The company received a 10 out of 10 rating by Governance Metrics International (GMI) which scores for board accountability, financial disclosure and internal controls; shareholder rights; executive remuneration; takeover defenses and ownership base; and corporate behavior.
- Committed to openness and transparency, Sun sponsors more than 3,000 blogs by employees, including CEO and President Jonathan Schwartz and General Counsel Mike Dillon.
- As part of Sun's transparency, the company publishes monthly energy use and related CO2 emissions for its major U.S. facilities.
- Sun's Open Work program helped reduce the company's need for office space by more than 15 percent or 2.6 million square feet in FY07.
- Sun is the largest single contributor to open source communities, and has donated up to five times as much code as its competitors.
Edited by Carolyn Allen, owner/editor of California Green Solutions