Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Certified Habitats by Businesses through Wildlife Habitat Council
Company-based Certified Habitats by Businesses can be developed through Wildlife Habitat Council
Wildlife at Work is the foundation of WHC, from which other programs spring, such as Corporate Lands for Learning and Wings of Wonder. Over 1,000 sites worldwide continue to excel in their Wildlife at Work programs, proving that enhancement is an ongoing initiative.
Wildlife at WorkSM
The Wildlife Habitat Council encourages employees to get "Wild at Work" by participating in a wildlife management team at their place of employment. From the development of a volunteer team to attaining international recognition for your efforts, the Team Kit contains a vast amount of information to aid employees of a participating company.
Benefits of a WHC wildlife management program
- Improved employee morale
- Stronger community relations
- Increased public recognition
- Potential for cost savings
- Better relations with regulatory agencies
- Compliance with ISO 14001 standards
- Enhanced wildlife habitat
- Protection and restoration of biodiversity
- Opportunities for environmental education
Corporate Lands for Learning
Corporate Lands for Learning (CLL) opens doors to experience innovative teaching and learning techniques and the opportunity to involve your community in corporate conservation efforts.
CLL certification provides certified Wildlife at Work sites with third party recognition for educational programs, as well as provides these sites with guidance on building, expanding, and evaluating education and outreach programs.
In order for a site to be certified as a CLL, the following requirements must be met:
WHC staff can assist a company team in building its education program as the team works towards CLL and Wildlife at Work certification.
- CLL programs must be in place for one year prior to the certification application date.
- Sites must record at least ten hours of active learning, including education and outreach activities, as well as time spent planning for CLL programs.
- Sites must host a site visit from a representative of WHC’s Education and Outreach Department.
Wildlife Habitat Council
8737 Colesville Road, Suite 800
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Edited by Carolyn Allen