Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Community Waste Diversion Program Case Studies
The California CIWMB library of case studies gives companies and communities California-specific waste management strategies.
Case Studies for Waste Management
Case studies are a great way to learn practical solutions that take into account the many real-life variables we run across. The California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB) has put together a library of case studies that can give companies an overview of California-specific waste management strategies. You might like to check a few of the following waste management case studies for tips and insights.
This CIWMB link library provides links to case studies from across California Integrated Waste Management Board's website that jurisdictions or local government officials may use to learn about successful diversion programs.
Industry Niches with Special Waste Management Applications
- Construction and Demolition Diversion. Case studies related to development and adoption of ordinances.
- Economics and the Environment. These case studies feature businesses that use the Board's Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) program.
- Venues and Events/Facility Waste Reduction. Brief case studies of successful programs at individual venue facilities, events, and service providers.
- Food Scrap Reduction. This listing includes pilot projects using CIWMB contracts and recipients of the Board's Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP).
- Green Building. These case studies include a wide variety of studies highlighting sustainable design features for green buildings.
- Local Programs. These programs were featured in the Board's 2000 "Innovations" project, which showcased successful recycling and waste reduction programs.
- Resource-Efficient Landscaping. Board-sponsored demonstration projects to reduce green waste, conserve water, and minimize non-point source pollution from urban landscapes.
- State Agency Recycling Recognition (STARR) Awards. State agency diversion program award winners from 2001-2002.
- School Waste Reduction. Short profiles on school and school district efforts.
- School Districts. Detailed information on six districts that participated in the Board's Environmental Ambassadors pilot program.
- TrashCutters. Local government diversion program award winners from 1998-2001.
- Publications. The Board's Publications Catalog includes a listing of other miscellaneous waste-reduction case studies.
Local Government Central www.ciwmb.ca.gov/LGCentral
Larry N. Stephens: email@example.com (916) 341-6241
Edited by Carolyn Allen