Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
EPA Recycling Business & Market Development Info
EPA recycling market development information for state and local officials, sources of technical and financial assistance for recycling businesses
While the Jobs Through Recycling (JTR) Program is no longer active, this Web site continues to provide recycling market development information for state and local officials, sources of technical and financial assistance for recycling businesses, and information on the economic benefits of recycling.
- About JTR - Provides general information about the Jobs Through Recycling (JTR) Program, as well as useful Program publications and other resources.
- Commodities - Includes technical and pricing information for various commodities including electronics, glass, metals, plastic, wood, and many others. Also includes information on national, state, and regional waste exchanges.
- Financing - Provides lists of publications, organizations and agencies, and programs that increase funding and financing opportunities for agencies and businesses.
- Business Assistance - Provides links to a variety of resources to assist in the startup and expansion of recycling businesses.
- Economic Benefits - Includes information on the economic impacts of recycling, including regional and state-specific recycling economic impact reports.
- State and Tribal Profiles - Provides information on recycling market development programs in each state and some tribes.
- Special Topics - Features an in-depth look at innovative topics related to recycling market development, including for each topic, a brief summary of best practices, success stories, emerging issues, and future trends.
- Frequent Questions - Provides answers to frequently asked questions (by category) about the JTR Program and other related issues.
EPA Jobs Through Recycling
Edited by Carolyn Allen, owner/editor of California Green Solutions