Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Biodegradable Packaging Without Coatings = Recyclable
PWP's AgroResin packaging line is completely biodegradable and compostable.
PWP's AgroResin Packaging Line is Biodegradable and Compostable
Packaging giant PWP Industries has found a way to avoid the pesky industrial coatings that frequently make food packaging non-recyclable - it's new AgroResin line is completely biodegradable and compostable.
AgroResin is made from a renewable agricultural fiber composite once commonly considered a waste product. This material now compares with traditional packaging materials in performance and price, and is FDA-approved for use with food products.
"Today's consumers want packaging that meets their present needs, but doesn't compromise the needs of future generations," says Ira Maroofian, president of PWP Industries.
- 100% biodegradable, 100% compostable and 100% non-GM Agricultural biomass. Material made of renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite.
- Gas permeable yet water resistant.
- Free of pulp and wood, emissions and chemicals.
- Adds value to agricultural by-products that are usually burned.
- FDA approved for DIRECT food contact.
- Natural "earthy" brown look and feel compliments fresh food products.
- Fits a wide variety of applications.
- Eco-Friendly. Benefits the environment by reducing waste and energy, conserving natural resources and reducing pollution.
Earth's Pack - Company Wide Green Initiative
The introduction of AgroResin is part of PWP Industries' companywide green initiative, called Earth's Pack. PWP currently manufactures post-consumer PETE from the billions of water bottles discarded into recycling bins each year.
California plant location:
- Number 1 most recycled plastic.
- Its lightweight & general strength require less material to be used per unit of packaging thus reducing overall environmental burdens.
- Reusable for many applications around the home.
- Listed by Wal-Mart and Sam’s as one of the preferred plastic materials.
3751 Seville Avenue
Vernon, CA 90058-1741
Edited by Carolyn Allen