Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Obama-Biden's Job Creation Focus and Strategy
Job creation funding and program development at the federal level will focus on select areas the Obama-Biden administration have selected to make the greatest impact on creation of jobs and saving jobs at the local level.
Expand access to jobs that help Americans grab a hold of and climb the job ladder
President Obama and Vice President Biden plan to invest $1 billion over five years in transitional jobs and career pathway programs that implement proven methods of helping low-income Americans succeed in the workforce.
Job categories that will be emphasizes include:
The White House has stated on their website that they intend to fully fund the Community Development Block Grant: In the long run, regions are only as strong as their people and neighborhoods. The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is an important program that provides housing and creates jobs primarily for low- and moderate-income people and places. President Obama will restore funding for the CDBG program.
- Renewable energy generation
- Smart electric grid
- Repair and rebuilding of community infrastructure
- Weatherization of public buildings
- Weatherization of low income housing
- Internet access in rural areas
- Health care computerization
- Volunteerism with community service for youth
- Create and secure our borders
- Smooth the immmigration bureaucracy to fill jobs that employers cannot fill
- Local governments provide necessary community services
Edited by Carolyn Allen