Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Career courses move you toward your career goals one step at a time. Whether online, at seminars, or self study with books and projects, careers today require continual refinement.
Today's career requires a number of new skills:
- General business knowledge
- Compliance knowledge
- Corporate social responsibility strategies
- Natural systems and systems theory
- Political and street smarts
- Technical understanding and metrics knowledge
- A network of qualified supply chain members
- Good communications skills and specialized vocabulary
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- The ability to craft your own career pathway
- Good health and stamina!
Some of these career attributes can be developed in career courses -- even building your network of qualified supply chain contacts. Others can be developed with online courses, such as following technical news (like you find here :-) -- and some require practice, such as good communication skills.
We try to find good career courses for you to consider, and will be continually adding more courses, seminars, and community events that can be helpful to your career. Please let us know when you find good resources that will move the green economy forward -- we'd like to help share the resource with your colleagues!
Edited by Carolyn Allen