Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Lean Manufacturing Techniques in Green Suppliers Network
A lean and green supply chain helps manufacturers save money and reduce environmental impact at the same time. Get technical help from the Green Suppliers Network - EPA, DOC, NIST, MEPP
Manufacturers can stay competitive and reduce their environmental footprint at the same time by partnering with the Green Suppliers Network, where manufacturers can learn lean manufacturing techniques coupled with sound environmental strategies, which is called the "Lean and Clean Advantage".
Lean and clean expands the traditional definition of Lean (eliminating non-value added time, labor and capital) to one that includes environmental wastes (e.g., eliminating energy waste and toxic emissions). This targets the root causes of wasteful practices and provides a framework for achieving specific, measurable business and environmental goals.
The Green Suppliers Network welcomes all United States manufacturers to participate in the Network technical reviews. Preference is given to small and medium sized enterprises who meet the SBA definition of small business.
Save by Reducing Waste: Lean and Clean
The Green Suppliers Network works with manufacturers to engage their suppliers in low-cost technical reviews to identify strategies for improving process lines and using materials more efficiently. The Lean and Clean Advantage targets and eliminates the root causes of waste. The result—a stronger bottom line.
Green Suppliers Network reviews can help you:
- Find customized solutions to your manufacturing challenges
- Save money and increase capacity
- See immediate results through hands-on training on the shop floor
- Achieve additional savings and efficiencies beyond traditional lean techniques
- Improve supply chain relationships
Help for Small and Medium-sized Manufacturers
Working in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Commerce (DoC), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) established the Green Suppliers Network to help small and medium-sized manufacturers stay competitive and profitable while reducing their impact on the environment.
Tools and Resources to Help Manufacturers
Green Suppliers Network is a joint effort of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Manufacturing Extension Partnership Program.
- Program Materials - Browse general program information and Partner and Corporate Champion tools.
- Lean and Clean Tools - Explore tools to help manufacturers expand the traditional definition of Lean (eliminating non-value added time, labor and capital) to one that includes environmental wastes (e.g., eliminating energy waste and toxic emissions).
- Service Providers - Find technical experts in your area who can help you with your lean and clean efforts.
- Beyond Lean and Clean Technical Assistance - Your Green Suppliers Network account manager can direct you to valuable sources of technical assistance in the following areas:
- By-product Reduction
- Green Buildings
- Product Stewardship
- Technical Assistance
Green Suppliers Network
Learn more at quarterly webcasts
Edited by Carolyn Allen