Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Innovation Resources List
Product and process innovation is a team sport -- and by working with government labs, nonprofits in economic development, etc. -- as well as specialized business services, you can take your product quality and performance up a notch. Here are some quality innovation resources for your to check into.
You might find helpful information, technical assistance, funding or connections at these innovation organizations and resources. These national labs are funded with billions of our tax dollars to research fundamental issues related to national defense, energy and environmental impact of various social and industrial policies.
Most, if not all, of these nationally funded laboratories make research available for intellectual property licensing to universities, businesses and government programs.
This is a huge effort -- and most companies do not avail themselves of the technical information, training and intellectual property available in our national treasure chest. It might be worth looking into. I've found that these labs test environmental products as small and marketable as insulation, windows, highly reflective paint, and SIP building materials. Check them out... you could be glad you did!
National Research Laboratories funding the the US government
- Ames Lab - Materials and energy solutions, including rare earth metals
- Argonne Lab - energy, biological and environmental systems, national security
- Brookhaven Lab - nuclear and particle physics, photon and nanomaterials, and climate change, sustainable energy and Earth's ecosystems
- Idaho Lab - nuclear and energy research, national defense
- Lawrence Berkeley Lab - accelerator and fusion research, light sources, chemicals, computational, earth sciences, environmental energy, health and safety, facilities, genomics, IT, materials, nuclear science, biosciences
- Lawrence Livermore - global security, ignition, operations, safety and security, weapons
- Los Alamos Labs - environment, global security
- National Energy Technology Lab - Energy supplies, clean power generation, hydrogen economy, climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energy, critical infrastructure assurance
- Nevada Test Site - national security, environmental programs
- NREL National Renewable Energy Lab - Dedicated to R&D, commercialization and deployent of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
- Oak Ridge Lab - Advanced computing, materials, biological sytems, energy, nanotechnology, national security, and neutron sciences
- Pacific Northwest Lab - DOE research in energy, national security and environment
- Sandia Labs - Nuclear, national infrastructures, energy and water supplies, and armed forces support
- DOE Savannah River Lab - Environmental Management, Energy Security and Homeland Security.
- Y-12 National Security Complex -
Additional innovation support organizations
Edited by Carolyn Allen, owner/editor of California Green Solutions