Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
10% Gas Savings -- Easy Tips
The major technology for saving gas is the human factor! Here are some tips and reminders of ways to clean up our environment by using less gas...and making every drop count.
By following these simple tips, you’ll likely decrease your gas consumption by at least 10%.
- Don’t drive if you don’t have to. If your car’s not running, it’s not using gas!
- Start a car pool at work or for driving the kids to practice. The less cars that are on the road, the less gas we use.
- Check your tire pressure. Under inflated tires can reduce gas mileage by up to 3%.
- Clean out your car. For every extra 100 pounds you carry in your car, you can reduce its gas mileage by up to 2%, so stop carry around those golf clubs everywhere you go!
- Take it easy on the accelerator. Gunning it when the light turns green and/or driving well above the speed limit not only increases your chances for a costly ticket, but it will also greatly decrease your gas mileage.
- Avoid sitting in idle for long periods of time; your gas mileage drops to 0 once you stop moving. If this means you have to leave for work 15 minutes earlier, do it.
While it doesn’t seem like much, if every car on the road were to get at least 10% better gas mileage, we would save billions of gallons of gasoline each year, which would be more than enough to drive down gasoline prices.
Edited by Carolyn Allen