Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Global Ecolabeling Network - Association of Certification Agencies
The Global Ecolabeling Network is a non-profit association of third-party, environmental performance labeling organizations
The Global Ecolabeling Network (GEN) is a non-profit association of third-party, environmental performance labeling organizations founded in 1994 to improve, promote, and develop the "ecolabeling" of products and services. As of 2002, the GEN included twenty-six national and multinational member organizations and a participant that operate ecolabelling programs around the world. The program is managed by TerraChoice Environmental Services Inc. (Canada). The General Affairs Office continues to be operated by the JEA. Both report to the Board of Directors.
The mission of the GEN is to:
- serve its members, other ecolabelling programs, other stakeholders, and the public by improving, promoting and developing the ecolabelling of products, the credibility of ecolabelling programs worldwide, and the availability of information regarding ecolabelling standards from around the world;
- foster co-operation, information exchange and harmonization among its members, associates, and other ecolabelling programs with regard to ecolabelling;
- facilitate access to information regarding ecolabelling standards from around the world;
- participate in certain international organizations in order to promote ecolabelling generally; and
- encourage the demand for, and supply of, more environmentally responsible goods and services.
Global Ecolabeling Network
Edited by Carolyn Allen