Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
How to Green Your 21st Century Business
It's easier than you think to go greener at work. Here are some easy tips to consider
In business, going green is more than a marketing slogan: it's the new way of doing things. It's an edge -- a method by which you can improve your company's bottom line while acting responsibly toward your customers, employees, and the environment.
Read the full article with more how-to details at Lighter Footstep
- Ride share -- carpools and rental programs
- Shut down electronics at night (and use Energy Star equipment)
- Dine out nearby...save gas; or bring your lunch for savings and healthier choices
- Paperless data crunching
- Recycle the paper you must use...and make boxes handy
- Restructure lighting with windows and work-area lighting
- Reduce travel with instant messaging and teleconferencing
- Green your cleaning supplies
- Reduce indoor air pollution from smoke, VOCs, plastics, etc. change your filters more often -- health improves! Wow!
- Filter your drinking water..and make it more available than vending machines
- Buy reconditioned office equipment and recycled supplies
- Form a green office committee...leadership matters!
Edited by Carolyn Allen, owner/editor of California Green Solutions