Save on Career Education through Lorman Education
Our readers are offered a discount on Lorman seminars and courses. Check out their business, management and legal offers at this link to qualify for our discounts. They also offer green business training opportunities. Please visit http://www.lorman.com/training/CaliforniaGreenSolutions for a complete listing of courses. Register online or call Lorman at 866-352-9539.
Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Tools
EERE provides extensive online resources to save energy by building greener facilities and high-performance buildings
The Building Technologies Program offers an array of resources to help architects, builders, contractors, building owners and managers, and homeowners make smart choices about energy.
- Building Toolbox—Guidelines, tools, success stories, and links to guide you through your building or renovation project.
- Energy Savers—A consumer guide to saving energy and money in your home or business.
- Energy Solutions for Your Building—Find out how your building can use less energy and cost less to operate.
- Publications—Technology fact sheets, technical reports, building technology roadmaps, high performance and zero energy building brochures, consumer information, and more.
- Software Tools Directory—Includes commercial products as well as DOE-developed building energy software and simulation tools.
- Disaster Recovery and Building Reconstruction—Information and resources for state officials, builders, and consumers on building technologies and designs that can make a difference in areas vulnerable to or recovering from natural disasters.
- Building Energy Codes Resource Center—Provides users with information about energy codes and beyond code technologies. Resources include articles, graphics, online tools, presentations, and videos from our own archives, as well as links to energy code resources from the Web.
- Tax Incentive Information — Information on federal tax incentives for new homes and improvements to existing homes and commercial buildings, as well as energy-efficient appliances and products purchased beginning in January 2006.
The Building Technologies Program
The Building Technologies Program supports a wide range of activities designed to facilitate widespread adoption and use of energy-saving technologies and practices. Through building project profiles, technical assistance, regulatory activities, and awards and recognition, the Program provides the information and assistance needed to help homeowners and business owners, architects and engineers, community planners and consumers make smart choices about energy.
Building energy Software Tools
Edited by Carolyn Allen